Welcome to Amusing Challenges where this week your challenge is to use ribbon or twine. Throughout the month I’ll have different sorts of challenges…”use it”, themes, sketch, etc. I will have a Weekly Winner and at the end of the month, those 4-5 winners will go into a prize drawing for one lucky Grand Prize winner. The June prize is a package of twinkle stickers (gems) your color/size choice from the A Muse Studio catalog from me and that winner will be announced tomorrow!
Love all the texture Juliet has in this card. It’s a the perfect CAS card and the little detail of onyx baker’s twine (A Muse Studio) is a nice touch. PS. The stamp set is retired but look for it as a prize in the next coming months!
Perfect timing with this Father’s Day card from Cyndi. The best part is that this set is on sale this month as a Spotlight Special. Sure you won’t have it in time for this Father’s Day – but you’ll be ready for next year and it’s a great all year round set. Another great use of onyx baker’s twine!
I made up some cute little treat bags for some of the teachers at school – Tuesday is the last day of classes! I used Squeeze the Day and this glorious yellow is Papaya cardstock and Papaya/Lime inks. The ribbon is also from A Muse Studio. I’ve included a recipe AND the cutting directions for this great little box below.
Gift Bag/Party Favor
Here’s how to construct it:
- Cut paper to 11 x 5.5 inches
- Score along long edge at 1 inch
- Along short edges, score at 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, and 8 inches
- Punch holes for bag closure
- Fold sides in like an accordian, tuck extra flap in and adhere
- Make 1 inch slits along the score marks at the bottom of the bag, tuck in and adhere
Lemon Bar Muddy Buddies
6 c. Rice Chex cereal
1 c. white chocolate chips
1/2 c. lemon curd
1/4 c. butter
1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
1. Melt white chocolate chips and butter in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly. (The melting won’t be smooth – don’t worry!)
2. Once melted, remove from heat and stir in lemon curd until smooth.
3. Pour Rice Chex into a large paper bag (grocery size) and pour lemon mixture over cereal. Fold the bag to seal and shake to coat cereal.
4. Add powdered sugar to paper bag and shake once more to coat.
5. Spread out on cookie sheet to cool; once completely cool, store at room temperature in airtight containers. (from Lemon Tree Dwelling)
PS. Don’t forget, you have until midnight Sunday to play along with the “Father’s Day” Amusing Challenge found here. There are already some great entries but we’d love for some more players to join in!
It’s super easy to play along with Amusing Challenges, and just as a reminder: 2 entry limit and no digis please!
■Link your creation to your paper crafts blog, gallery (SCS, twopeas or Flickr, to name a few) before midnight of the following Sunday.
■Use any product but please follow the challenge criteria.
■Double your chances to win by using A Muse Studio products (just leave me a reminder in the comments please)
Interested in building your Copic marker inventory? Join my Copic Marker Hostess Club & get 4 markers for free!
Camp runs June – August! Sign up to learn some fun cardmaking techniques and earn camp badges. Camp isn’t just for kids anymore!